Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sweet and Salty love...


We both fell in love today...

They say love happens when you least expect it...Well, it seems pretty true as it happened for the very first time to the both of us...TODAY.

We had just left this wonderful Italian shoe store called OTTIVA on Spring street in Soho, after we chose 15 amazing pair of shoes/boots for our fashion show on Friday. We were both starving but we had both decided to "master clean" our body for the next couple of days. Not that we want to lose weight, far from it, but because we both felt like we had indulged ourselves while were were in Cali last week and wanted to feel "healthier". On our way back to the train, as my stomach screamed, my eyes laid down on a gorgeous purple and white front store which instantly called my name. I looked closely inside and saw boxes which appeared to be boxes of TRUFFLES with some orange sparkles with such different beautiful textures. I looked closely behind the glass and saw a few European men drinking what appeared to be shotglasses of melted hot chocolate... My heart began to race and before I even knew it, a supreme force took over me and I found myself inside...Temptation...what a sin...From that moment on, I can barely remember what happened to me. As my pupils got wider while I looked at those beautiful curvy and luscious balls of pleasure, I was taken by a force larger than life: I had completely let go of my weekly goal of "fasting" and even worse, my hands by now had grabbed the "Mo's Bacon Bar" a 45% chocolate bar with applewood smoked bacon, alderwood smoked salt!!! I have made the solemn decision not to eat meat anymore and all of a sudden, I was struck by amnesia!!!...ahhhhh....I chose chocolate with BACON!!...I just couldn't resist it, the thought of crispy, sweet and salty...ahhhhhh.....my love affair with this deadly combination started long time ago, from my early childhood as my parents made me try pineapple, mango and apple with salt/hot peppers. Later on, I had always loved the combination of bacon with maple syrup...Finally, someone understood me... My obsession for healthy lifestyle quickly unraveled into an obsession for instant gratification...I just had to feel it in my mouth!

I did enjoy my train ride...

" Snap off just a tiny piece and place it in your mouth, let the lust of salt and sweet coat your tongue"...

Thank you Katrina.
I Love you.



What about you? What is your obsession? Any other deadly combination?

VOSGES Haut-Chocolat
http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/
Spring Street

No comments:

Post a Comment